Aaron Prager

Grace
 Theology in the Trenches
by Kathleen Kjolhaug

And so… a voice speaks…crying in the wilderness. In the throes of life from the depths of the soul it reaches, touches, feels with a longing to explode upon the scene…to be heard. Echoing others perhaps it could be said, but truth is, it is a voice all its own and it is sacred. This voice brings grace, bestowing blessings upon hearts while connecting fruit of the womb.
And so…I invite you to hear this voice. Like a thread, it connects hearts; it sews peace as majestic stillness amidst turmoil. The voice invites…come to the table…the table of grace. Aaron is 23. I ask you to listen to the voice of the deep. It speaks.
Take 2
by Aaron Prager

As I arose to the earth, the world turned in slow motion.
And like the waves of the ocean my mind remains tied down.

With the light on my shoulder, I couldn’t help but ask,
“What is the purpose of it all? What is the purpose of it all…”

All these feelings of running backwards, never able to move my feet,
for I will always be blind to the open sky, and all things standing by.

So then I scream out, “Where will you be now?”

And while the earth begins to shake beneath my feet,
I have a sign to guide me and show me a clearer way to be.

Look at me now, I say, look at me now!
I try and try and try so hard, just to remain in grace.

With all the light on my shoulder, I couldn’t help but ask,
“What is the purpose of it all? What is the purpose of it all…”

And now I know; I’m on the long road home.

As a little country preacher from Bottineau, ND so calmly stated one Sunday morn, “Healing happens when the wound is exposed to the atmosphere of grace.” Craig Jennings said this. I’ve never met him, but I have met Aaron. Aaron’s voice calls in the wilderness. The two are brothers, but they do not know it yet.


There was another voice which cried in the wilderness. John replied in the word of Isaiah the prophet, “I am the voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Make straight the way for the Lord.’”  (John 1:34) Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts