LOOK UP

Look Up
Theology in the Trenches
by Kathleen Kjolhaug

I look down and see my feet; they are tangled in perspective.
I look up into His face; His foresight is 20/20.
I look down and all but stumble; my vision is very narrow.
I look up to see the view; He continues to lead the way.
I look down into the muck; paralyzed by murky waters.
I look up to hold His hand; He reaches for mine securely.
I look down to see the fog, mystified by heaviness.
I look up as GPS gives clarifying direction: God’s Positioning System.

For such a time, He said to me. I need each turn you take.
Don’t hang your head to glare and stare the answers are not there.
Just live and trust and know that this is simply meant as gift.

Your love I need beside the one I’ve placed for such a time.
You are my gift I give the world, so let your love unfurl.
Fear not, He says, I’ve got this day and beyond the setting sun.

There’s nothing new, it’s all just sin, twas covered long ago.
I died, you see, for thorn strewn paths, you need not pierce by rath.
Keep looking up into My face, it’s all pure saving grace.

Before you were born the bill was paid; I signed it with my love.
I died for one and all you know; the order was not too tall.
Blood ran down as I looked up to see the face of My Father.

This world disdains but, I do not; My death was not in vain.
Come bless the many you are called to serve as a testament of My love.
You need not see, just trust in Me; do not look down…LOOK UP.

“I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; from where shall my help come? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to slip; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper…The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forever more” (Psalms 121:1-8).  Amen.

Side note: My husband’s vote for what GPS should stand for was “God’s Peace and Serenity.” J
Perhaps you can e-mail me your thoughts on what you think it should stand for. I’d love to hear.

You may do so at wemenews@gvtel.com

Comments

Popular Posts