Lemonade sort of morning...

Traveling Near
Theology in the Trenches
by Kathleen Kjolhaug

Twas a Monday morn. It was doggy and I upon the front porch. Longing for lemonade to sip with a friend, I prayed that one would be made manifest. A text beep filled the quiet asking how things were going. Back and forth we chatted via written word. Unified hearts joined as one upon the porch of the country farm.

As I booted up the computer, I noted a personal message. A phone call followed soon after from yet another far away friend who spoke wisdom into my heart. We were no longer alone just doggy and I.

When another phone call came, I thirsted no more. Lemonade would have quenched but true fellowship drenched my parched soul. What had been a tumultuous yearning for fellowship just moments ago was now calmed by those who cared. I had not asked for what was spoken, but I’d longed for it, and the only gateway that had been opened this early morn was a wisp of a prayer breathing into the freshness of the morning offerings.

“He knows my needs before I even ask” (Matthew 6:8) Yet, He invites, “…ask and it will be given unto you” (Matthew 7:7).

From Tennessee, New Jersey, North Dakota, Minnesota, Montana, Wisconsin, Illinois and Pennsylvania came the messages, phone calls, and words filled with healing. Not another knew that the others had connected, and the miracle unfolding upon the front porch on the country farm was like balm.

I was filled. Filled with awe and wonder that He hears and He sees. The author Sara Hagerty writes in her book Every Bitter Thing is Sweet, “I see you, Sara, here in your loss. Today, I see your brokenness. And I see My wholeness, tucked inside of you, being birthed.” She gives insight into what He speaks to her, to me, and you.

She continues, “Hope was our reminder that even in the waiting it is time to sing.”

As my eyes look in wonder upon her words, I glance over upon the others I’d read just moments before from Psalm 13:6. They parallel. “Let me sing of the Lord, ‘He has been good to me.’”


And as you experience the goodness of the Lord, know that He sees you and knows your needs before you even ask…but ask away with a wisp of a whisper for He delights in that and He delights in you.  Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts